What is IVF?
We all know what IVF is, it (test tube baby) has become a very common name around. IVF is one type of assisted reproductive technology (ART), where in the fertilization happens in a lab. Fertilized embryos are put back directly into the Uterus. The eggs and sperms are extracted out from the couple and they are mixed in a lab under a very advanced environment to make the fertilization to happen naturally. IVF is considered to be one of the more advanced and effective process among the other assisted reproductive technologies.
Are you and your spouse struggling to conceive? Is this inability interfering into your physical and emotional health? The IVF will be the best to opt for. Now you may ask why?
When to go for IVF?
IVF fights the odds of Infertility: - If any one of the couple is been diagnosed for infertility for many reasons like completely blocked tube, poorly functioning ovaries, PCOS, severe Male factor infertility
What is ICSI
This is a procedure called intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). Sometimes the sperm cannot penetrate the outer layer, for a variety of reasons. The egg’s outer layer may be thick or hard to penetrate or the sperm may be unable to swim. In these cases, ICSI can be done along with in vitro fertilization (IVF) to help fertilize the egg. During ICSI, a single sperm is injected directly into the cytoplasm the egg.
Can I have my laparoscopy or hysteroscopy?
- It is a part of lab procedure in IVF for patients with previous failure or advanced age or severe male factor where sperms are extracted through surgical methods like TESE or testicular biopsy. This procedure gives more good quality embryos and success in those when we compare to IVF.
- Advancing age: - Aging can reduce the chances of fertilization in a women. IVF helps fertilization possible for women who have crossed 40 years and wish to have a baby
- The risk of generating contaminated aerosols may potentially be lower with (open surgery) laparotomy. However, to our knowledge, with the current few data, there is no evidence of an increased risk of COVID-19 transmission during gynaecological laparoscopic surgery when Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used.
- To make pregnancy and the child healthy: Couples with genetic disorders can be benefited by IVF as it allows pre-implantation genetic diagnosis to rule out any kind of disorders for example blood disorders like Thalassemia and autoimmune disease or recurrent abortions . By this we assure a more healthy embryos into the uterus to have a healthy baby.
- Planned Pregnancy:- If you want to have babies any time later or wish to have a good amount of gap between babies, IVF will help you best in such cases.
- Effective Process:- Of all the other available ART’s IVF has increased success rates and high conception rates. It is advised for women above under 35 with inability to conceive consider this option seriously
- Freeze Eggs:-Also called social freezing. Many women nowadays want to take the responsibility of having a baby seriously and also very much keen in having a healthy baby later in their life . If they want to postpone for some personal reasons ,Women freeze their eggs before they reach 30’s when the ovaries produce healthy eggs and use it when they actually plan for conception
- Fertility preservation: Many men and women are affected with cancers when they are younger than 40 yrs. It may involve reproductive organs or other body parts where they go for chemotherapy or radiation . In these situations, their fertility potential is affected. So we advise them to go for electively freezing egg or sperm or embryo through IVF.This is done through our Oncofertility clinic run by fertility specialists and oncology team
Common reasons to go for IVF
- 1. Endometriosis
- 2. Low sperm count
- 3. Problems with ovulation
- 4. Poor egg quality
- 5. Genetic disease to either of the couple
- 6. Unexplained fertility problems
How to Find an IVF doctor?
If you are worried that you are not able to have a baby or had many failure attempts from other types of ART, then it is the right time to visit the best fertility specialist. Call us at +91 9384681770 and fix an appointment to have a discussion to learn more about your issues and planning the best procedure for you.