Ovarian Rejuvenation is characterized by the presence of residual ovarian tissue after a female has had a surgical operation to get rid of one ovary or each ovary (oophorectomy).
Ovarian rejuvenation is a new and experimental procedure that utilises platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections to help restore fertility and stimulate natural hormonal production in women who are unable to conceive or who suffer from symptoms associated with hormone deficiency.
For whom is it beneficial?
Women who experience the following issues may benefit from ovarian rejuvenation:
- Women who wish to conceive without the use of donor eggs.
- Women who have a hormonal deficiency, but do not wish to take hormones .
- Women with early peri-menopause and menopause due to cancer treatment.
- Women of any age with infertility associated with low egg reserve.
- Women with failed IVF treatments and and premature ovarian failure (POF).
- Women with unexplained infertility.