Fallopian Tube Recanalization / Tubal Recanalisation
Tubal recanalisation, or fallopian tube recanalization (FTR) is a nonsurgical procedure to clear blockages in the fallopian tubes of the reproductive system of women. This occurs usually as the result of debris that has built up in the tubes. Occasionally, scarring from surgery or serious infection can also lead to blockages.
Benefits of FTR?
- Minimally invasive outpatient procedure with no incision needed.
- There is an increased chance of pregnancy if this is the sole cause of infertility .
- Short procedure with no overnight stay.
- Does not cause scarring or pain.
- Reduced risk of infection as compared to surgery.